Skip to main content
- sudo apt-get remove zika
- A real, shipping 15.36TB SSD. No official word on price yet but Ars estimates about $8,000. For comparison, there is no 15TB spinning disk and two 8TB archival disks would run you $444 and be quite a lot slower, larger and power-hungrier. Or, here's a 1.92TB SSD for about 4x the price of a spinning disk. Disk is dead baby, long live flash.
Byzantine Fault Tolerant Raft with Smart Contracts. Bless you.
Elon Musk's GIGAFACTORY. No, the other gigafactory. Also by Elon Musk.
- I can't improve on this headline: The IRS is using a system that was hacked to protect victims of a hack—and it was just hacked. Sigh.
What to do if a Soyuz capsule lands near you (pdf).
- You want to transmit radio but you don't have an SDR device? Use the system bus. Other functionality for the capabilities implied here is left as an exercise to the (sufficiently paranoid) reader.
- Random Blockchain-based news roundup:
- I'm hesitant to relay this since a) it's popular science and ii) I don't understand quantum enough to accurately judge it but: China to launch a quantum communications satellite.
More tempest attacks, this time against phones.
- In companies-vs-countries, it seems Hedge Funds might have the edge in sheer patience. Paywalled but you're all clever folks who, I'm sure, can find the full text.
- I can't decide what my favorite part of this video is. I think it's the sports. Note that if you let youtube autoplay the next few songs are likely to be extremely nsfw audio-wise.